Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sophie does Kickstarter // AKA: Sincerely, Sophie LAUNCHED!!

Hey everyone,

So as you may have heard, I'm on Kickstarter now! Woo! Before you read any further, feel free to check it out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/987086101/sincerely-sophie-a-webseries-from-journalist-sophi

Alright, did you watch the video? Did you check out the awesome rewards? Did you laugh at my jokes? Good! Welcome back to the post where I explain why I'm doing Kickstarter.

Simply put: It's a dream. Maybe a pipedream, but a dream nonetheless. Growing up and watching people like Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb on TV, as well as people like Jim Sterling, Max Scoville, Tara Strong, Yahtzee, and Totalbiscuit on TEH INTERWEBS, I've always felt a certain sense of adoration toward those who put themselves out there and become the star personalities they are. I've always wanted to be like them.

As you heard in my pitch video, I've been a performer for years. I've loved being one, and frankly, it broke my heart a little when I transitioned to being Sophie, because I knew it meant my acting days were probably over. I was too shy, too intimidated, and too afraid of what people would say to put myself in so much spotlight. Well, no longer. I'm prepared to give this thing my damndest, and if I fail, well at least I tried. I shot for a dream.

Honestly, my hands are shaking so much and my head is racing with a million thoughts and anxieties that I don't know how coherent this blog post will be. I'm so excited to be giving this a shot, and I couldn't be happier to see so many people are already responding positively to the news. I take this INCREDIBLY seriously, and I know that a lot of what people are donating comes based on FAITH in me and my abilities, because let's face it: that pitch video? Not the greatest ever made; it was shot on an iPad and edited with open source software. This project is literally NOTHING without you, and already people are saying "YES, we CAN and we WILL help you."

I don't think there are enough words in the world to express how that makes me feel. Thank you all so much for being there for me, and even if you don't back my Kickstarter, thank you for being a part of my life. I always thought that I'd be a nobody trapped in my hometown of 1,200 people, but I've risen to such heights, all because YOU helped me there. I love each and every one of you.

Sincerely,
Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment